Where to buy MW2?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Meekrat
I.S. Baby

Where to buy MW2?

Post by Meekrat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Do I need to buy MW2 to play or is it at the point where pirating it works? if not can someone link to a version so I can buy? Would hate to buy the wrong version and Amazon/Ebay sellers almost always incorrectly tag the versions they sell.

Thanks

Meekrat
I.S. Baby

Re: Where to buy MW2?

Post by Meekrat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Sorry didn't see the post below me =( tried to delete the post but couldn't!

slickrcbd
I.S. Baby

Post by slickrcbd » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:36 pm

I got the Mac version bundled with the PowerMac 6500/300 I got in 1997. I think I'd heard of Battletech once around 1990, give or take a year when at this summer day-camp thing my mom enrolled me in and one kid was into something very similar to BattleMechs, but I do not know for sure if it was Battletech.
Basically, I knew nothing about Battletech, and for a while all I knew was the game.
The sequels of GBL and Mercs were never to my knowledge released for the Mac, so I never got to play them.

Then a couple years ago I found a copy of the Titanium Edition at my library "book sale" for $2.
I know people disparage that version, but you can't beat that price.

Most of the libraries in my area have "book sales" as fundraisers where donated books, magazines, movies (DVD & VHS), CDs, records (oddly enough they rarely have cassettes), and sometimes a small selection of computer software are sold.
I'm lucky to live in the NW suburbs, as I can regularly attend the sales of 5 libraries within as many miles.

It isn't a reliable place to get the games, but if you like older games that aren't the "latest and greatest", you never know what you can find at those sales and you can get legal copies dirt cheap. As in under $5 and often for only $1 for a single CD-based game or $2 for a DVD or multi-CD game. Sometimes even only 50¢.

Just a suggestion, check out those library "book sales". I don't know about places outside Chicagoland, but in there, you generally look for a "Friends of the Library" or just "book sale" on the website to find out about the sales. They aren't usually held more than once a quarter, except Schaumburg which does it bimonthly.

Meekrat
I.S. Baby

Post by Meekrat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:42 pm

I found this on ebay is it the correct version that will allow me to play with everyone here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MechWarrior-2- ... Sw0gFasWQv

slickrcbd
I.S. Baby

Post by slickrcbd » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:50 am

I'm pretty sure they are all compatible with each other.