Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
ArnoldTheGovernator
I.S. Baby

Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post by ArnoldTheGovernator » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:53 am

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for quite some time and surprised there isn't a thread on this topic yet. So I configured DosBox on my phone to run classic Mechwarrior 2 and it runs great. While I know Mechwarrior 2 has complex controls (been playing the game for a long time on the pc), I think it would still be possible to enjoy the game similar to a PS1 control scheme akin to the PS1 port. The reason why I am going with a wireless controller is because I wish to not use an emulated keyboard, and I can't carry a portable mini usb keyboard around with me.

So is anyone here familiar with the DosBox for the Android? I have DosBox Manager (where I already configured the command lines to run MechWarrior 2 off my phone), Dosbox Turbo and Gamepad for the DosBox. My goal is to get a wireless controller synced up to my phone and have some of the basic controls similar to the PS1 port of Mechwarrior 2 working on my Android. Any help on configuration of the control schemes would be much appreciated, thanks.

-Myg
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Re: Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post by -Myg » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:03 pm

That would be a great direction for the community. Unfortunately I dont have the sight/vision to pull it off at the moment.

kwitcherbitchin
I.S. Baby

Re: Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post by kwitcherbitchin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Magic dosbox not dosbox turbo. Dosbox turbo sucks i dont know how its flodded serch engines.

It works, played a few trials effectivly with an 8bitdo controler. Been wanting to try netmech bet havent gotten that far.

I have the controler clip 8bitdo sells. This is a very effective way yo play complex dos games. Ive been sidetracked by falcon 3.0 but ill post more on this soon when im not on my phone.. i had to reregester an account to post this.....