Mouse troubles

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
TonyTonsils
I.S. Baby

Mouse troubles

Post by TonyTonsils »

Whenever I configure my controls to have torso tilt to "Mouse Up/Down" and torso twist to "Mouse Left/Right", the game recognizes my controls for a bit. While the Left/Right controls work perfectly, the game delightfully decides to tell me that "The input channel "Up/Down" on device "Mouse" does not exist" about 50 times before dropping into a mission. Any reason as to why it goes blind to my mouse up/down controls?

EDIT: Now the game decides to cut out all fun and crash altogether after trying to redo the controls. Anyone have tips to configure the controls with minimal hassle?
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: Mouse troubles

Post by navbuoy »

If you are DosBox-ing the game it might be due to your version of the game. Make sure you installed the patches first then also ensure that your computer's extra CPUs are not adding to the issue. Might need to set your DosBox CPU settings to single processor or use a program like MoSlo in order to get it to act right.
TonyTonsils
I.S. Baby

Post by TonyTonsils »

I guess I should have added that I am using the Win95 option that comes with MechVM. The DosBox version doesn't crash like the Windows version does, but when I start a mission up, it gives me an error about my controls and just boots me back to the previous menu. It's also just as crash/error-happy after I reset the controls to defaults. I can also assure you that it has nothing to do with my internal hardware (GPU/CPU).
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

Also I had similar behaviour with my mouse on another machine and even wackier behaviour due to the fact of my extra cpus on Mechwarrior 3 :shock: - got it confused with my Mercs issue.

For my mercs - I switched out mice - since the one I was using actually had a short in it and went with another one and had no problems since.

I never use MechVM really so sorry man :(

I normally do not map my mouse for both vertical and horizontal for my torso so not really sure.

Just edit the Mouse and Keyboard MAP files in your directory with Notepad...ensure that there is no overlap...also I think there might be a quirk with one of the mapped options - it is not like the others - there was a thread about this a couple of years ago.

EDIT - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1248&p=8398&hilit=mapping#p8398
TonyTonsils
I.S. Baby

Post by TonyTonsils »

navbuoy wrote: Just edit the Mouse and Keyboard MAP files in your directory with Notepad...ensure that there is no overlap...also I think there might be a quirk with one of the mapped options - it is not like the others - there was a thread about this a couple of years ago.

EDIT - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1248&p=8398&hilit=mapping#p8398
Thanks, I'll try that out once I get back on my machine which has my Mech2 installation on it.