other Mecha-themed games?

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Edmond Dantes
I.S. Baby

other Mecha-themed games?

Post by Edmond Dantes »

I'm just wondering, how do people feel about the other Mechwarrior/Battletech games? Especially oddballs like Mechwarrior 3050 on the SNES?

Also, what other Mecha-themed games do you guys like? (I'm an Armored Core fan on the side).
EventHorizon
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Re: other Mecha-themed games?

Post by EventHorizon »

I like Armored Core and also liked the Sega Genesis battletech game, I never played the snes version.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

3050 was unique.. i couldn't beat it so far
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Edmond Dantes
I.S. Baby

Post by Edmond Dantes »

I think Mechwarrior 3050 actually IS the Genesis Battletech, just ported to the SNES.

I'd have to play both to be sure tho.
StarCol.Kelakdar
I.S. Baby

Post by StarCol.Kelakdar »

Hey all, I'm new here but this thread cought my eye..Mechwarrior 3050 was a personal favorite of mine back in the day, beat it a couple times actually. There is actually a code for the game that allows the player to pilot the kit fox, marauder, storm crow, and summoner (all of them are called by their inner sphere names though). It's really cool, but the crazy thing is that ALL of them are more powerful than the madcat lol, even the Kitfox (Uller in the game). Speaking of other mech games, if anyone has an Android phone look up Metal Wars 3, it's the closest thing to Mechwarrior 2 that I have found on a phone so far and it looks and plays awesome! Don't expect a simulation though, your mechs have unlimited ammo (at least the weopons I've used so far). Here is the info page for it if anyone is interested. I think there is a way to play this on a pc also...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ars3&hl=en
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by navbuoy »

I have fond memories of EarthSeige II. While not as in depth as Mechwarrior but still loads of fun even though it had a more arcade lean to it.
Freeza-CII
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Freeza-CII »

Ah earth siege and earth siege 2. Those were some fun mech (herc) games there. SUPER easy though. If you were skilled enough with ammo management you could do entire missions with small herc with nothing but ac 35s or 50s. Now when it came to number 2 the razor fighter or the Sampson. Were the two best. fly around with 2 plasma cannons or pbwIIs OR you could just load up a squad with cheap sampsons with ac 50s and maybe a plasma cannon. every thing would die to easy. Cyber storm was a fun game to play. Used the names herc and cybrid. MechWarrior 2 was the Best of the mech series in my opinion. MechWarrior 3 is a close second. Armored Core was a GREAT game just because of its customization down to the torso legs arms and head. I remember a game But I played it a very very long time ago but the mechs had roller blades. thought that was pretty neat. Cant say I played much else in the terms of mechs. but mecha large robot anime. There are some old console games that come to mind involving the gundams.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

Well we dare not speak the name of the company who shall be known as “The-Not-Named-Company”, you have some RoboTech games on the consoles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech#Video_games).
And don't forget the Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear II games. It also looks like they are trying to get donations/investments for a new Heavy Gear game (http://www.heavygear.com/).