keyboard controls and mapping?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Oric
I.S. Baby

keyboard controls and mapping?

Post by Oric »

could someone post the keyboard controls? might be useful information. i just started playing again and was just randomly pushing buttons to figure out what is what. will go online and browse for the info but thought it be a good idea. And if there any good ways to map for customized control that be good to.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: keyboard controls and mapping?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Sure the controls are here. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Oric
I.S. Baby

Post by Oric »

ok cool.. ur like the top guru here lol.. ok got another question for you involving mouse mapping.. no mater what config i try i cant get the d/u crosshairs to invert with the mouse. when i select mouse it shows available button:

down/up
left/right
btn left
btn middle
btn right

before taking a mission i goto control setup and i notice that the key mapping say for instance on tilit says : tilt D/U. i can map d/u mouse movement to it and when i play it inverted. i quit, goto control set up and change the tilt to : tilt U/D. makes no difference when i play. the mouse control is invert. i push forward and i look or cross hairs lower. pull back and they go up. i only like invert control when im flying.. bug?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

hmmm um I think you might be making it more complex than it is.

Information to fix the inverted mouse may be seen here.
Swapping the Up/Down text won't change the actual control. It is the +/- that matters. See above.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Oric
I.S. Baby

Post by Oric »

lol trying to change in game options more complicated? lol.. thanks. i will do this afternoon after work
Oric
I.S. Baby

Re: Inverted Mouse

Post by Oric »

(Thread moved to the proper place)

what if your mouse device doesnt have an up/down setting? ive tried two different mice. the original line says
torso_tilt {- mouse down/up}
i tried changing it to
torso_tilt {+ mouse down/up}
when i play it doesnt move the torso tilt. instead it moves the point_of_eye movement and even thats inverted. so although my crosshairs look like they are going up and down in response to my mouse movement, infact its not doing anything. only time it says that my mouse doesnt have up/down is when i enter change it to
torso_tilt {+ mouse up/down} and/or torso_tilt {- mouse up/down} then it either asks do i want disable device and play or abort mission. if i play no crosshairs and im only effecting POE inverted again. selecting abort mission closes entire game.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

:?

If you don't have the line restore the default controls by reinstalling or something because every version should have that by default.
The mouse always moves the reticle + torso movement. It never has done anything else by default unless it has been altered.

If the mouse does not work at all you need to enable it in cockpit controls. Usually it is enabled by default but I have seen a few cases such as in DOS that it is not enabled.
Now if you mess with the cockpit controls too much from standard the game will crash and not allow you to play. So be sure to back it up before doing editing by hand.

Sorry I don't think I have an answer to this one.....
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

i have my controls mostly on the keypad if you are wanting a copy of my config files