Control Setup

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
Hoopy
I.S. Baby

Control Setup

Post by Hoopy »

I was curious as to how everyone has their controls set up for piloting a mech. That being, what do you typically change about key mapping and do you use a game pad or other device?
I myself usually stick with the default keyboard and mouse settings.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Control Setup

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I would say that the majority of players play with the default keyboard and mouse config.
I do as well.

Cyril is about the only player i know of who customizes anything.
I think the reason is that almost all of us have reinstalled the game too many times to count so we got used to the stock controls.
Let alone the fact that joystick players are at a disadvantage in this game due to the fact that any joystick that can do a torso twist movement cannot do a full twist. That limits your movement considerably.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Hoopy
I.S. Baby

Post by Hoopy »

Thanks for the insight!
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Keyboard and mouse for me, but i use the keypad and ins/del cluster for driving/glancing and jetting, respectively.

Hope that makes sense
Oric
I.S. Baby

Post by Oric »

i use the cyborg command unit. its a left handed 17 button keypad with thumb joystick. i map critical key board funtions to it and usually map the torso control and movement to the thumb stick. i still use the mouse for crosshair movements. very effective. you can buy any style left handed unit on ebay for around $20. the advantage is your hand can hover over the buttons without having to reposition for the full keyboard usage. mind you there so many customizations dont ignore using the keyboard though. lol