Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
jaysus
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by jaysus »

thanks for the greets kell, i hope to catch ye in game, though the time difference might still be an old problem ;)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

ehh... I won't worry. It's been so long since I've been in netmech, I hardly ever play (wish I could more often)... I'm more of a forum dweller. :)
Do you own a copy of MW2:31stCC or Ghost Bear's Legacy? If so, be sure to check out my mod workshop when you get the chance! Probably my greatest mod ever is "Kell's Alternate Mechs".
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
johno87123
I.S. Baby

Post by johno87123 »

im a 21 year old male, forom accrington england uk. i just started playing mech2 after hearing about it on other online games, but hey better late than never. i have yet to play online im just getting used to everything in the singleplayer mode and im enjoying it so far, and hope to give it a go online soon :)
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

well great you heard of us. you'll find our site to be filled with all kinds of downloads, patches, user-made add-ons... and the tech support is always quick to reply. hope you'll have fun in the game and online :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
f23racer
I.S. Baby

Post by f23racer »

Hello all. f23racer here. age 33 The first time I played Mechwarrior was sometime in the 90s with Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. I used to be in a clan and everything. I'm here looking for a way to bring back that "special feeling" of sitting in the cockpit of a mech.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hey welcome!
If ya need anything let me know! :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome!

You can relive the mech experience using our preconfigured NetMech setup - runs almost everywhere. See the install instructions. If you still have the mech2 CDs, we may be able to help you play them again. If you need help on this, please ask in a new thread.

Have fun!
memnoch
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by memnoch »

Greetings all !

I harken from the very earliest Mechwarrior 2 DOS days. Got on Activision's public beta list, and played DOS Netmech, Mercs, Mercnet, all using Kali DOS.

Controls : Thrustmaster baby! RCS (Rudder Control System - the king of rudders for mechwarrior, dead linear accurate), TQS (Throttle Quandrand System), and FLCS joystick. All plugged together into a Thrustmaster Serial board.

Played as a member of Jade Falcon in league play back in the day.

Ressurecting my DOS machine, just need to find a PCI video card that isn't so dark in-game, have a piece of junk nVidia 5200 in it now. Recommendations? I think back when I still had my big Voodoo Extreme (3dfx) from Quakeworld days, and it was bright in-game, but what would you all suggest?

I've tried MW4, Mercs 4 and all, hate them mostly because the CH controllers are so darn imprecise in XP, not linear in response at all.

Anyway, almost got Mercs 2 ready to go, just have to make room for the rudders and TQS and FLCS so have to move some monitors and stuff around.

Anyone still play ? I think the v2 series was best ever made, just like c&c tiberian dawn and covert ops DOS are better than even c&c:3 still.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

welcome memnoch!
Glad to see that there are still more vets finding their way here :)
Yes, there are some players still check the IRC or the netmech download.
(Currently I am inactive because of various things going on but there should be a few left)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
memnoch
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by memnoch »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:welcome memnoch!
Glad to see that there are still more vets finding their way here :)
Yes, there are some players still check the IRC or the netmech download.
(Currently I am inactive because of various things going on but there should be a few left)
I'll lurk around here and see what I can see. Thanks for the welcome!