MW2EDIT3D

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

MW2EDIT3D

Post by Col.Kell »

I just dug up another ziped program I found deep inside my thumbdrive, but this one I thought was worth while! :)

This is MW2EDIT3D, I believe it was made by those two brothers nicknamed "Hammer Wolf" and "Jammer Wolf". This program I got came from sarna.net in the Mercs download section somewhere, I'll have to grab a link sometime tomorrow.
MW2EDIT3D.JPG
MW2EDIT3D.JPG (159.21 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
MW2EDIT3D(2).JPG
MW2EDIT3D(2).JPG (106.48 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
The whole purpose of this was so people could construct their own MercNet maps using an easy to learn UI and a drop-and-place 3D world. I was just tinkering around with this, I found out that it is not limited to just the Mercs PRJ, it can also use 31cc or GBL.
When in "3D mode", you can just point, click, and move/rotate any object you please to wherever you want. Just about every option is customizable, very fun, and again, easy to use. And when you have compiled it into a MWM file, you can unpack it to get those AREx.BWD files so you can be on your way to making your own map. I am not sure if the proper OBJ tags come with the geometry you place, it should if it is using the 31cc PRJ. But give it a try! It's fun! :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MW2EDIT3D

Post by Skyfaller »

Interesting find, thanks for reporting it. Looks like fun. I hope it will help you make the levels you want to create.