New or Old say hi!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Welcome to the site!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Greywolf
I.S. Baby

Post by Greywolf »

@Repomancer

I noticed that you had posted a screen shot of mw2 running on linux. I'm wondering if there would be any legal wiggle room for you to create an open source project as an original work to clone/recreate the original mw2 game?

I do web and database development currently but I've always said to myself that if I were to program a game it would have to be mw2. It's funny because seven years ago I was reading everything I could find on graphics programming and game development and managed to create a tetris clone using the ancient DX5 DirectDraw API (Hah), but always thought about how I would design mw2 from the ground up. But to bump into one of the original designers of mw2 is just a stroke of luck.

If you ever consider starting it up, sign me on. Heck, I wouldn't mind starting it up. I would be curious about some of the general design decisions for the object model if you ever felt like sharing with a wanna-be game developer :D
Switz
I.S. Baby

Post by Switz »

Hails all,

This is SwitzerKY I shortened it to Switz in the MW4 days.

I miss everyone and bsing all night with Sugar. I origanally started playing back in 99 and was hooked when I picked up MW2 at target for $10. I use to play on the Piggy, I was a member of Clan Omega (CO) then went to Konad's Bulldog's (KB). I joined Jade Wolf (JW) when I started to play Mech4 and Mercs. I miss the good ole days and where is Rope. I still have to blow him up a few more times. Lots of great people and a great family, it was a shame to lose touch with everyone when Gamespy bought out MPig. I hope everyone is well and I should be on sometime to have some fun I've still got my MW2 cd and will look to put it on my XP system.
Sugar Pryde
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Sugar Pryde »

You forgot the important part Switz... how you were an innocent nerd until Sug brought ya to the dark side!!! ;)
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

hey guys
i'm still here
just not as much as i used to be. i've been very busy over the past few months.
i haven't left the mech world
nobody probably noticed that i left because, well, im not that important to the mech world
but yeah, for anyone who did notice, im still here, just not as much. time just isn't on my side :)
Sugar Pryde

Post by Sugar Pryde »

/me just showed up here the other day... has no idea who you are to have missed ya :oops:
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

nah I noticed. I am glad to hear from ya!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

I'm probably 2 months late for this, but I'll say it anyway.

I came across mech2.org on a September afternoon when I was on http://www.gamespot.com, I was looking up Mechwarrior on thier site to search for some modding tools and downloads. There just so happened to be this list of web links on the side of the screen, one of them said:
MechWarrior 2: Resource Forum
A site dedicated to MechWarrior 2, get all your information here!
I decided to take a look, and now, here I am! Getting all kinds of goodies from the downloads section and modding with the help of MechVM. And what a great site!

(Pretend you never knew me, I've just introduced myself...) :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Rattler-1985 »

Hi I am Rattler-1985, I found this forumn about week ago. I loved MW2Mercs and had to join.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Hi Kell,
Hi Rattler,

Glad to see you made it here!

(not sure if it's my place to welcome people to this site because it's MMPD's)

If you need any help, we're happy to help!