PROX's Box Full of Mechs (22 Feb 2021)

User Submitted variants.
Forum rules
In this section you are only allowed to submit mechs you have built yourself. You must provide the specs for the mech.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

PROX's Box Full of Mechs (22 Feb 2021)

Post by PROX »

So I made some pretty insane builds. Some of which are outdated and not the best, while most of them will most likely leave you satisfied.

I have way too many to post in screenshots, but I assure you that you'll really enjoy these. This may be prone to updates in the near future

NEW MECHS

Update(there is more including my speedrunning mechs which are not shown):

Download:
PROX's Mech Builds.zip
(320.28 KiB) Downloaded 862 times
Last edited by PROX on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
slickrcbd
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: PROX's Box Full of Mechs

Post by slickrcbd »

Question, was there a bug fix or something for autocannons?
I ask because I found them to be nearly useless in the game, taking far more shots than they should to destroy anything, and thus running out of ammo really fast. Gauss rifles were just as bad.

Hence my question, what would be the point in using those 'mechs with the autocannons? You'd be better off with a PPC and extra heatsink.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

Autocannons definitely work. Yes they're a bit weird, but they definitely hurt a lot. These builds make usage of machine guns and UACs in one weapon group. Armor drops like a rock. What I will say is that if you're having trouble hitting people, try looking for chunks to come out of the mech. Also remember to lag shoot. I also don't run PPCs because they're slow and they really don't get the job done all that well. I also made some LBXAC sets which are more accurate versions of the UACs, but they have a slower firing rate.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

now that the lag is basically single digits in milliseconds instead of over a hundred, ACs are a very viable weapon. the problem is that the two tons of ammo is too restrictive. they used to cause lag like missiles back in the Mpig days, so class 4 needs to be adjusted to allow to more ammo.

Gauss are still not viable because they are hard to hit with because the muzzle velocity is foobar, and the fire rate is too slow.

there was a mod to fix the weapons in mech 2, and people liked it, but others wouldn't adopt it. but i think changing the weapon classes and weapons themselves to represent todays lag would bring some fun back into the game

i am working of trying to find mod packs for mech 5 that will more represent a clanny mech 2 feeling to the game so that more mech 2 people might enjoy it.

if anyone knows who did the mech 2 weapons mod, please pm me.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

Cyril wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:26 am now that the lag is basically single digits in milliseconds instead of over a hundred, ACs are a very viable weapon. the problem is that the two tons of ammo is too restrictive. they used to cause lag like missiles back in the Mpig days, so class 4 needs to be adjusted to allow to more ammo.

Gauss are still not viable because they are hard to hit with because the muzzle velocity is foobar, and the fire rate is too slow.

there was a mod to fix the weapons in mech 2, and people liked it, but others wouldn't adopt it. but i think changing the weapon classes and weapons themselves to represent todays lag would bring some fun back into the game

i am working of trying to find mod packs for mech 5 that will more represent a clanny mech 2 feeling to the game so that more mech 2 people might enjoy it.

if anyone knows who did the mech 2 weapons mod, please pm me.
I tried grouping 4 gauss rifles with a Dire Wolf and I could barely kill a single wave of mechs in Instant Action. If someone made gauss rifles good, that would be amazing.
Cyril

Post by Cyril »

the guass is supposed to have twice the muzzle volocity of other ammo weapons. ppcs are supposed to be like lightning, so almost instantaneous.

i think people didn't like the weapons mod because we were sticking with classes. and the only reason we had classes in the first place was lag in the old days.

we should bring the weapon mod back,,make a few tweeks,,and drop all classes but 1 and 6

no regen games should be played as well,,it would though some mix in what is now basically the same game over and over again
slickrcbd
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by slickrcbd »

PROX wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:09 pm I tried grouping 4 gauss rifles with a Dire Wolf and I could barely kill a single wave of mechs in Instant Action. If someone made gauss rifles good, that would be amazing.
This was my problem with autocanons. I'm not sure what you guys mean by "lag", it sounds like something to do with multiplayer.
I was having issues with autocanons in the single-player games, and did most of my testing in Instant Action.
I couldn't complete either of the initial misssions in the single-player campaign with an autocanon-only 'mech unless I had an energy weapon. Especially the Jade Falcon one where you are trying to destroy installations.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by PROX »

slickrcbd wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 pm
PROX wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:09 pm I tried grouping 4 gauss rifles with a Dire Wolf and I could barely kill a single wave of mechs in Instant Action. If someone made gauss rifles good, that would be amazing.
This was my problem with autocanons. I'm not sure what you guys mean by "lag", it sounds like something to do with multiplayer.
I was having issues with autocanons in the single-player games, and did most of my testing in Instant Action.
I couldn't complete either of the initial misssions in the single-player campaign with an autocanon-only 'mech unless I had an energy weapon. Especially the Jade Falcon one where you are trying to destroy installations.
The thing with autocannons are that they do a lot of damage, but their ammo just diminishes super quickly, which is why it's best to have them grouped with other weapons. These mechs were specifically designed for multiplayer, though the C-1 sets are great for single player as well.
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: PROX's Box Full of Mechs (UPDATED)

Post by PROX »

The mech pack has been updated. It now contains updated versions of previous C-1 sets along with new ones, new C-4 sets (some of which contain MASC), and some new Jenner and Firemoth sets!
PROX
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: PROX's Box Full of Mechs (UPDATED AGAIN)

Post by PROX »

Just updated my mech pack! Download is in the same place!