Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

New or Old say hi!
harpuia101
I.S. Baby

Re: Reintroduce/introduce your selves here

Post by harpuia101 »

Hey guys, I've been posting on here a few times already but never really introduced myself.

My name is Alex, I am 18 years old. I am in college and I basically live in the gym. One day I found my old MW2 discs and decided to give it a try. I basically grew up on a lot of these games, playing MW2 and Mercs when I was like 6-7 years old or something. I found this site while trying to find a way to make these awesome games work on XP, and figured it'd be cool to talk to a bunch of people who all play the games I practically revered when i was a kid.
Hank
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hank »

Hey, I'm New!

lol, ya, I use to ply this when i was like 5 back in the day, i found the Mech 2 Cd like 5 years ago and could never get it running on my computer (Xp operating system), but now, thanks to your guys patches and installation guides, i got it working again,

so, thanks to you all,
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

why dont ya come chat with us on irc.outpostuniverse.net

Highlander had made some weapon modifications that have add some new dementions to the game.

if you dont feel like setting up an irc client you can use this webpage to coneect and chat:

http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.out ... %23netmech
Dragono
I.S. Baby

Post by Dragono »

Hello.
Created the silly name "Dragono" when I was just a wee lad at one of the old Battletech Centers where I got to sit in a mech cockpit and be introduced to the world of mechwarrior.

Following that experience I fell in love with Mechwarrior 2 and played for years. Recently I found it and with some help from you guys I am playing again.

and repomancer, THAT'S awesome! Can anyone tell me where he posted his memoirs?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

sadly POE lost his posts... it is very unfortuneate....
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Dragono
I.S. Baby

Post by Dragono »

Who is POE?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

it is a website Portal of Evil
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Godwhale
I.S. Baby

Post by Godwhale »

Hey Fellow Mechwawwiors. I first started on the original MW1 based around the shadow cat. If I remember right the whole idea was to get a S Cat. Upgraded to a x486 sx25 processor and the game ran too fast to play (30 second mission to death) even with the speed control adj. Quit gaming-Then MW2. That took PC gaming by storm from my point of view. Complex software but they made it so any machine could run it. I remember reading that they ran it on a Cray super @ max rez etc... liked to have seen that. So life, army tour, and microsoft, now Vista wants me to buy all new software :) Gonna get Mercs running! aaf.
Cyber Carns
I.S. Baby

Post by Cyber Carns »

Hails All,

Im Cyber Carns, and also am a Mechaholic. Started with MW2 on mplayer in Clan Jade Wolf in '96 just as Cyber but did earn the Bloodname Carns. That was my intro to online playing and it has never been the same since. This game made a huge impression and it sux that nothing real close to the MW2 series ever has come out( I know MW3 and MW4, but not as good as the origional) Have played all the newer MW games but like i said nothing compares to MW2. Hey mmpd good to see ur still around and doing this, gonna see getting mw2 again if i can find it.
Ohh and Fav Mech: Timberwolf

Cyber Carns
Warden

We are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky.
We carry the honor of his name on our shoulders,
as our fathers did before us.
The Rememberence speaks to us of the evil in man's will,
of the reasons for Exodus and the rights of the travelers.
Arcadia is our destiny and our right.
Enlightenment is our gift.
By the Bloodnames of the Founders we must return,
return and protect that which is unigue among the stars.
Terra awaits us as it was written.
We are the last of the Wardens.
The sole hope for the Earth.
- A Warden Wolf, possibly Ulric Kerensky or Phelan Kell
Cyril

Post by Cyril »

hello all new people.

MMPD,,it seems like everyone that wants to play seems to think that they need to cd. I don't think we are getting the idea that netmech is free across well:(

yall only need the disk to play the single player, if you wanna play against us, all you all you have to do is get in the irc chat server (irc.outpostuniverse.net) in the #netmech channel and we will get ya setup.