Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post up anything you would like to talk about here.
ArnoldTheGovernator
I.S. Baby

Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post by ArnoldTheGovernator »

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for quite some time and surprised there isn't a thread on this topic yet. So I configured DosBox on my phone to run classic Mechwarrior 2 and it runs great. While I know Mechwarrior 2 has complex controls (been playing the game for a long time on the pc), I think it would still be possible to enjoy the game similar to a PS1 control scheme akin to the PS1 port. The reason why I am going with a wireless controller is because I wish to not use an emulated keyboard, and I can't carry a portable mini usb keyboard around with me.

So is anyone here familiar with the DosBox for the Android? I have DosBox Manager (where I already configured the command lines to run MechWarrior 2 off my phone), Dosbox Turbo and Gamepad for the DosBox. My goal is to get a wireless controller synced up to my phone and have some of the basic controls similar to the PS1 port of Mechwarrior 2 working on my Android. Any help on configuration of the control schemes would be much appreciated, thanks.
-Myg
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: Mechwarrior 2 DosBox on Android

Post by -Myg »

That would be a great direction for the community. Unfortunately I dont have the sight/vision to pull it off at the moment.
kwitcherbitchin
I.S. Baby

Post by kwitcherbitchin »

Magic dosbox not dosbox turbo. Dosbox turbo sucks i dont know how its flodded serch engines.

It works, played a few trials effectivly with an 8bitdo controler. Been wanting to try netmech bet havent gotten that far.

I have the controler clip 8bitdo sells. This is a very effective way yo play complex dos games. Ive been sidetracked by falcon 3.0 but ill post more on this soon when im not on my phone.. i had to reregester an account to post this.....
StarCol.Kelakdar
I.S. Baby

Post by StarCol.Kelakdar »

Hey I really want to get this working on my phone but I have no idea how. Sure, I can download dosbox, but how do you actually get the game files onto your phone and working? Just drag and drop the entire mw2 folder into one of the directories on the phone? My main issue will probably be configuring dosbox...
-Myg

Post by -Myg »

We dont support anything other then Windows DOSBox atm, maybe someone else can chime in and lend a hand.