So, I am bored... and w/e

General Mech2 related Developments go here. Discussions welcome!

Moderator: Skyfaller

Forum rules
If you are writing a guide please do not post it here! Post in the Dev FAQ section please.
Bastante
I.S. Baby

So, I am bored... and w/e

Post by Bastante »

Was hunting for a while and finally came across another one of the "Bugged Codes" in GBL that has the potential to be a horrible idea for a patch and should probably have been done safer [well, I wanted to fix the source of the error...] but wasn't. (Basically, I modify system memory... in a manner that should be "alright" [I'm using the provided pointer], but it is a great way to cause many many problems). Interestingly this fixed much more than I was hoping to fix (and introduced a few potential instant crashes [most occur if you go directly into mechlab then launch the simulation... launching the sim, exiting, then going into mechlab seems to work.])

[Aftermaths work, Changing Mechs on Dialog page works (in the way it should, that is), and no more waiting some time before entering mech lab].

Rewrote some code also a long time ago to allow a single variant... no idea what any of this really does so w/e. make a mess... see things explode. Eitherway... bored... gone... delete asap.
Attachments
MW2SHELL.zip
Probably is a bad idea to use...
(193.69 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: So, I am bored... and w/e

Post by Skyfaller »

Please explain a little more. What does your patch do, how does it do it, how did you produce the patch?
Bastante
I.S. Baby

Post by Bastante »

It was produced with OllyDbg, it's an ASM rewrite that worked on the machine I wrote it on (windows XP), that fixed many of the issues that GBLWin had.

It's a direct DLL replacement and, in all honesty, I only released it because I was bored...
ash123
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ash123 »

There was a mod in mech2 mercs to increase the render distance, but i never got it working. you know anything about that?
Always up for a Netmech game, PM me.