No Music in Netmech Lobby or after Launching

Collection of useful posts.
Forum rules
If you write a FAQ be sure that you are accurate as possible!
No General posts in this forum!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

No Music in Netmech Lobby or after Launching

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Simple answer is there is no music or sounds in the netmech lobby.

As for music after launching, in dosbox it will only play music if you have a cue/iso or cue/img combo and mount it prior to going into netmech.
If you are not technically inclined, I would suggest not to continue any farther.

In order to do this you must open dosbox.conf and edit the lines near the bottom.

Sample Conf File:

Code: Select all

mount C H:\DOSBOX\
C:
imgmount D "K:\Virtual CD's\MW2.cue" -t iso
IPXNET CONNECT dosbox.game-server.cc 10000
I would suggest that the imgmount D "K:\Virtual CD's\MW2.cue" -t iso line is placed right before the IPXNET line.
Modify the imgmount line to be pointed to wherever your .cue file is located and launch the game and music should play after launching.

For those who do not have an cue/img set I would suggest that you create one with Clone CD.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Re: No Music in Netmech Lobby or after Launching

Post by mech2memories »

what i have done once or twice is open up itunes(if u have it) and play some music that way. it should work. some intense, high energy, orchestra/band music usually adds 2 the mood. any music would work though. that is to ur opinion. if u do not have itunes u need 2 download it but i would only suggest doing that if u have or r planning on getting an ipod.