ATI Rage Edition - XP/2000

Collection of useful posts.
Forum rules
If you write a FAQ be sure that you are accurate as possible!
No General posts in this forum!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

ATI Rage Edition - XP/2000

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Many keep asking about this version, I hate to inform ya guys there is no way to get this version to work without using the origional graphics card, the new (X1950 verified)ATI cards do not have the capability to run this version. You can get in the game with kontza's FAQ, but you will not get past the menus. Classified as old is 9XXX and below. If you have a card that is in the 9000 series you may be able to play it(unverified), just follow kontza's guide. However, since most of us do not have a card capable, please understand there is no way we can verify whether something works or not.

I highly suggest that everyone that has the ATI Rage Edition go and buy off of ebay the MechWarrior 2 DOS or 95 Pentium edition, these do actually work with some minor modifications.
If you must have a 'good' looking Mech2, search on ebay for "Enhanced for Diamond Monster 3D" or "Enhanced For the 3DFX Voodoo Graphics Accelerator Chip", occasionaly you will find these on ebay though they are exteremly extremely rare. Titanium is also an option, but if you choose this option you will have a good looking game but lack the same feel and multiplayer. When I say lack multiplayer, I mean that mech2 players use Mech2 DOS.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Stchurdak
I.S. Baby

Re: ATI Rage Edition - XP/2000

Post by Stchurdak »

ok if i buy the diamond edition will i have to find a diamond edition Ghost Bears legacy as well?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: ATI Rage Edition - XP/2000/Vista/Win7

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

No, there is no such version of GBL or Mercenaries.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.