MechWarrior 2 3dfx vs Vanilla (Differences)

Collection of useful posts.
Forum rules
If you write a FAQ be sure that you are accurate as possible!
No General posts in this forum!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

MechWarrior 2 3dfx vs Vanilla (Differences)

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I have been playing the 3dfx edition for last week or so straight and I have noticed a few differences which I think should be mentioned.

1. The AI uses less PPC's than the vanilla version. Normally the AI will fire a ton of ppc's if it is a Warhawk, but in the 3dfx it tends to fire ppcs very rarely instead focusing on large pulse lasers.

2. When legging an AI it will turn to face your mech for about 5 seconds maybe; after it will sit there facing whatever direction you were last. The vanilla version this happens for 2-3 seconds at most.

3. The hit boxes on the 3dfx edition are different than the ones on the vanilla versions. For instance when firing over a wall to hit a mech behind it, on the 3dfx version the lasers may hit, but on vanilla it will hit the wall instead. Since the hit boxes are different there are many obvious times where the hitboxes are registering non hits when they obviously are hits. This happens alot especially against Warhawks when they are fully torso twisted.

4. The AI seems to be smarter in manuevering in the 3dfx on some levels... tho this may just be a perception.

5. DFAs are much more difficult in 3dfx, it throws you away from the mech many times even on a pefect hit. (This has been confirmed in multi and single).
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.