Kontza's Mechlab Bug (Fixed using Slugs DLL)

Collection of useful posts.
Forum rules
If you write a FAQ be sure that you are accurate as possible!
No General posts in this forum!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Kontza's Mechlab Bug (Fixed using Slugs DLL)

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I had this posted a while back, but never reposted it on the forums because kontza's solution is not neccessary anymore for the 3dfx, Pentium, Non-Retail Pentium, and Netmech versions of MechWarrior 2 95. The solution that has been found to be much more trustworthy is using a combination of slugs dll with his new wrapper, the reason for this is that his wrapper is able to fix jumpjet problems and heat issues(depending on your machine specs... dual and quad core machines it does not work very well).

BACKUP mw2shell.dll
Anyway for Kontza's method all you need to do is replace the mw2shell.dll with slugs version of the dll.
It should fix the mechlab issue. This only has been tested with the Non-Retail Pentium, Netmech, and Pentium editions. This will not work with Titanium or Battlepack.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Re: Kontza's Mechlab Bug (Fixed using Slugs DLL)

Post by Cyril »

in octoberish, i'll be upgradeing my machine to at the very least a quad core.

this there much hope of fixing the problems with multicore systems?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Kontza's Mechlab Bug (Fixed using Slugs DLL)

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Dunno, i think if you slave dosbox to one core and run cpugrab on that core it probably will be fine, but i have not tested it so i cannot verify my theory.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.