Random Teleportation and Damage?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Random Teleportation and Damage?

Post by ThePorthos »

I have this weird issue where my mech will be standing still, and then randomly jump halfway across the map and collide with mechs that weren't even there but apparently teleported there too? O.o I saw this mentioned elsewhere in the forums but no one had posted a solution for it, or perhaps It was in another post?

MechVM latest version
Titanium Mercs
(Got this problem using distance and resolution mod, deleted and made fresh dir of Mechvm and installed with default settings and no mods, same issue?)
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Random Teleportation and Damage?

Post by Skyfaller »

Sorry, never had this bug. The one I do know is the totem pole bug, which occurs only at the start of a mission, where all mechs appear stacked when the mission starts.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Hrmm, I'll try installing it in 7 and seeing if there is any difference. Although I guess you could consider the totem pole bug really both of these problems, just it causes damage in addition to the stacking.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I have seen this happen online.. but never offline... usually had to do with lag...
No idea why you would see this problem in singleplayer
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Didn't have the problem on 7 64bit. Sorry just thought I should update this. Just finished playing through all Battletech games again haha.
bart2o
I.S. Baby

Post by bart2o »

i have the same problem, im running titanium mercenaries through mechvm 2010-06-15, when i run the first mission my mech randomly starts teleporting and getting collision damage from hitting the terrain.

bumping, since i couldnt find any fix for this problem ;)

also mercs seem to work normally with the hook method, but runs veeeery slow on 640x480 mode, plus randomly crashes after finishing any mission...
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

that's what you get when u fill it up with E10
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Perhaps, if you post your install-report.txt (s), it will give an indication of what is going on.
Shayashi
I.S. Baby

Post by Shayashi »

i have the same "laggy teleporting, terrain collision damage", running V1.05 mercenaries through mechvm 2010-06-15. seems to happen on any map with hilly terrain, so i just avoid hills at all costs... For Dev. info, it seems to happen when an objective is completed, "reach nav alpha" etc., I actually usually hear my cdrom rev up when its accessing the next soundfile, and boom singleplayer laggggggggg... dunno if maybe its having difficulty finding the cd files?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

If the problem is related to delays introduced by accessing the CDROM, it may help to create a CD image and use that for playing. It would also explain why I never witnessed this bug.

MW2 game disks are far too valuable to be used in a disk drive, with the exception of creating a disk image. I know the industry will tell you otherwise, but those are their interests only.