Cool Graphic Features In Mercenaries not in Titanium ver?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Cool Graphic Features In Mercenaries not in Titanium ver?

Post by ThePorthos »

I remember I used to have the stand alone version of MW2 Mercs, when I installed it let me have the option of including some special feature about its graphics. When I used it, I could see clouds and various things flying across the windows on mechs, a nicer skybox, and an overall improvement in terrain quality. Was this not included with Titanium or do I have to do something special to enable it? Or have I just forgotten the quality because of how old the game is.

A follow up question to this would be when the game installs, it does install with hardware acceleration right? I still think I remember something in addition to that which made the game even prettier on the stand alone copy, although I may be wrong.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Cool Graphic Features In Mercenaries not in Titanium ver?

Post by Skyfaller »

You can try the patches mentioned in these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=61
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=730

A comparison based on screenshots was posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=536
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Ya I am pretty sure the D3D Beta is what I'm remembering, and I loved it. Is there anyway to patch that over the default Titanium install in MechVM so I can have my pretty terrain? :-D
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

For that, you need Mercs standalone and this patch
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Yep, I have encountered a problem though, my standalone version of Mercs when I try to install it in MechVM comes up as 31st century and won't run. Even if I did get it to run I'm not really sure how I'd patch it.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Thanks for reporting this. Please post a CD report, using MechVM's CD report function under "Install+Import".
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Sure, anything to help :-) Besides its helping me out. Who knows it might just be old and damaged but it seems to work okay, just doesn't load on 7 X64 because it is 16-bit lol. But ya when I put it in, MechVM gives me the option of installing 31st Combat Battle Pack which makes no sense. Thanks for helping me out Sky, I really appreciate it :-)
Attachments
Report.txt
report from Merc Standalone CD converted to .txt so I could attach it.
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

OK, I fixed the CD detection. I don't have your CD, so I can't be sure. Please extract the attached file to your MechVM directory and use it to install your Mercs CD. If possible, please post the file install-report.txt. Your CD has three copies of MW2.PRJ, which could mean that there at least three ways of installing it. Please also let me know which version (DOS/Win) works for you, if any.

Is your CD mentioned in this list?
Attachments
MechVM.zip
(229.29 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Alright, I'll try it soon. Currently reformating so I'll post when I have tried it.

I also believe my CD is in that list, although I have no way of knowing which one it is. All I know is its a red cd with black title on it. I think its the semi function 2000 one because I remember it working on XP at one time I think. If not it is either the D3d rip off or 3dfx ripoff. It is not one of the single player only ones, I know that. If you want I could post the CD contents on an FTP for examination, don't know if that is against mech2.org's policy or not though.
Last edited by ThePorthos on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Okay, didn't work.

I copied your MechVM that was in the zip and pasted it over the other one that was in my mechvm folder(a fresh install of MechVM anyway.)

Tried to install, it came up with 31st battlepack again. Maybe me taking a picture of the CD will help out? Posting it in attachments.

I think it can install the DOS version and the windows version, now that I look closer at the CD.
Attachments
Closer Pic of CD
Closer Pic of CD
Picture 4.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 10123 times
Pic of CD
Pic of CD
Picture 1.jpg (30.79 KiB) Viewed 10123 times
Report 2.txt
(23.3 KiB) Downloaded 440 times