Cool Graphic Features In Mercenaries not in Titanium ver?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: Cool Graphic Features In Mercenaries not in Titanium ver?

Post by ThePorthos »

I'm debating just making a dual boot with either windows 98 or windows XP so I can play these old classics with their enhanced graphics.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

that's what i'm currently doing on an old thinkpad laptop. ($50 off ebay)

it's 500mhz P3 with 192mb ram. partitioned with a fat32 volume for win98 and a ntfs volume for xp (which can't be seen by 98). boots through grub4dos.

it's super smooth booting up 98, but xp lags a fair bit at startup.

i've found this platform to be very reliable with old games.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

I wonder if I can get Raid 0 working in windows 98, ha.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

raid 0 = striped volumes/sets

RAID 0
RAID 0 (striped disks) distributes data across multiple disks in a way that gives improved speed at any given instant. If one disk fails, however, all of the data on the array will be lost, as there is neither parity nor mirroring. In this regard, RAID 0 is somewhat of a misnomer, in that RAID 0 is non-redundant. A RAID 0 array requires a minimum of two drives. A RAID 0 configuration can be applied to a single drive provided that the RAID controller is hardware and not software (i.e. OS-based arrays) and allows for such configuration. This allows a single drive to be added to a controller already containing another RAID configuration when the user does not wish to add the additional drive to the existing array. In this case, the controller would be set up as RAID only (as opposed to SCSI only (no RAID)), which requires that each individual drive be a part of some sort of RAID array.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314343

Basic Disk Storage
Basic storage uses normal partition tables supported by MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000, and Windows XP. A disk initialized for basic storage is called a basic disk. A basic disk contains basic volumes, such as primary partitions, extended partitions, and logical drives.

Additionally, basic volumes include multidisk volumes that are created by using Windows NT 4.0 or earlier, such as volume sets, stripe sets, mirror sets, and stripe sets with parity. Windows XP does not support these multidisk basic volumes. Any volume sets, stripe sets, mirror sets, or stripe sets with parity must be backed up and deleted or converted to dynamic disks before you install Windows XP Professional.

Dynamic Disk Storage
Dynamic storage is supported in Windows 2000 and Windows XP Professional. A disk initialized for dynamic storage is called a dynamic disk. A dynamic disk contains dynamic volumes, such as simple volumes, spanned volumes, striped volumes, mirrored volumes, and RAID-5 volumes.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

Well on another note I just decided to go with titanium because it seems to run fine in MechVM. Never did figure out why that other version wasn't being recognized in MechVM.
ThePorthos
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ThePorthos »

I know this is kind of an older post. I did get this working and it is just the 95 version. Difference is it's pre-patched to 1.10 Got it working with D3D using http://sites.google.com/site/mw2mercxp/