Merchnet 2009

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Merchnet 2009

Post by Jerad Gray »

Guess I should have asked about this a long time ago, but I just never got around to it.

Ever sense I first installed merc net I've gotten the following error message when trying to host a game "A3D_Int() failed, Check D3DERROR.TXT DirectX driver names not found in the windows registry" It pops up after hitting launch.

I have gotten this error in vista, 7, and under a windows 98 emulator.
I have tried both Titanium and regular (although I did patch my 1.05 to 1.1).

Any help?

PS: sorry if I just over looked how to make it work in the instructions.... or the instructions all together, I guess I have yet to find any lol.

Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: Merchnet 2009

Post by Jerad Gray »

So does noone have a clue then?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Myg might know, but on that one i forget how to fix it
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

May I ask how I would go about contacting Myg?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Write a private mail to Myg:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56

If you can't get it to work, the next version of MechVM will set up DOS MercNet from the Mercenaries' CD.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

Skyfaller wrote:Write a private mail to Myg:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56

If you can't get it to work, the next version of MechVM will set up DOS MercNet from the Mercenaries' CD.
Titanium doesn't work for DOS does it? Which would mean I'd have to break out the 1.05 CD XD.

Oh and thanks for the link.
-Myg
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Post by -Myg »

Replied to PM.
FreelancerMar

Post by FreelancerMar »

Microsoft Virtual pc 2007 emulates the S3 Trio chipset for video. This does not support D3D or 3dfx Acceleration. If you installed the D3D or 3Dfx files when you patched to 1.1 it most definately will NOT run.

I have a Windows ME Install through Virtual PC 2007. I checked the Hardware through the control panel to see what the emulated video card was before installing any merc patch past 1.06. I Still have not installed any later patches yet.

Bottem line. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Will not Emulate any Video hardware acceleration such as 3Dfx, OpenGL or D3D. It was not designed for 3D accelerated games. It was designed to run older non-game Windows applications that do not work on newer versions of windows. If A Game does not use 3D acceleration, it should run it without many issues. Just do not expect any 3D accelerated applications to work Through Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. I would also not expect any hardware acceleration to work on any future versions of virtual PC either.