Mercs Titanium on Win7, some issues

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
enneract
I.S. Baby

Mercs Titanium on Win7, some issues

Post by enneract »

Hey, I got hit with the nostalgia bug, and wanted to play mercenaries again.

Long story short, 8 hours of fiddling later, I discovered MechVM, and I have Mercs Titanium edition running natively on Windows 7 with only a few minor issues.

Namely, there is video output corruption *sometimes* after switching from simulation mode to menu or video modes. This becomes reset if you open up any of the options windows, which is useful for menu modes, but videos are garbage once this starts happening (as you cant fix it without skipping the video). No idea what causes this.

Second, my MS Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick (the very one I played MW2 with when I was 14, on my old original pentium 3 with geforce 2 which I was so proud of), only 'mostly' works... the biggest issue that the throttle is reversed (moving it down accelerates, moving it up reduces speed)... any idea why this would happen?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Mercs Titanium on Win7, some issues

Post by Skyfaller »

Sorry, can't help with the video bug.

For reversing throttle, open inputw.map in a text editor. I don't currently have a joystick configuration, so you may have to experiment a bit. Look for a line with "throttle" and a joystick line directly below. Change "+" to "-" or reverse to fix the bug, or recalibrate your joystick in windows.