TT Mercnet 1.1 on Win 7 64bit

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

TT Mercnet 1.1 on Win 7 64bit

Post by Jerad Gray »

I have Titanium Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries installed on my 64 bit windows 7 operating system (RC obviously), and it works great. But I installed Mercnet 1.1 eariler today and went to host a lan game, upon hitting launch I got the following error message "A3D_Init() failed, Check D3DERROR.TXT DirectX driver names not found in the windows registry"

D3DError.TXT just says "Read_DirectDraw_Names() failed.
DirectX driver names not found in the windows registry"

I can hear the game still running, the sounds of weapons firing and mechs walking still comes across ontime, I just can't see anything, I was wondering if anyone knew what registry values I would have to change to fix this?

Thanks,
Jerad Gray
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: TT Mercnet 1.1 on Win 7 64bit

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I believe this or something similar has been encountered before and myg fixed it once, but honestly I have no idea how.
My suggestion is to pm him and ask.
I do not think anyone here besides him has looked at titanium as indepth as he had.
I do remember though even after he fixed it the game was unstable.. so do not expect a miracle fix if you find out.

My obvious first suggestion though is to drop titanium for dos or go setup the XP compatibility addon that they created for windows 7 that may be of help.
It is also possible that this is a new bug for windows 7 and it is not possible to play it because it has DX11 in the core and DX9. (I cannot say I buy this latter explanation)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

Well I have the same issues on my XP laptop, but I wasn't thinking about that when I typed this up.
>.<
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Then its the same bug probably because I know it was on XP as well.
Pm myg see if he has info
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.