MW2:Mercs Titan

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Bonedog
I.S. Baby

MW2:Mercs Titan

Post by Bonedog »

I just got MW2:Mercs Titanium edition and wanted to see if I could get it running on Vista x64.

This version of MW only offers Hardware or Software driven installs. Has anyone found a way to get it to run on vista? I just get the black screen the back to desktop at game launch.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MW2:Mercs Titan

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Please install it using mechvm and it might work.
I have never tried it on that OS though, but it usually works on most.
If it fails with mechvm your probably going to have a hard time coaxing it to work.

If it does not I would highly suggest a non enhanced version of the game as those are way better content wise.
The normal version of the game (DOS) works on Vista x64 via DOSBOX.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Bonedog
I.S. Baby

Post by Bonedog »

I have the old one, haven't tried it on vista. I wanted to see this game in all its updated graphical glory but when it came out i did not have the funds and forgot about it in the long run. Lately i find myself scouring the net for New Battletech content. My biggest wish would be to see Battletech online style, like the Mux's but with sim style graphics. Woe the days till Smith & Tinker does something with the IP. :(
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Perhaps these mods may improve your Titanium Trilogy experience:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=730
Bonedog
I.S. Baby

Post by Bonedog »

Mechvm is my saviour. The game now runs under Mechvm's exe.
Now if i could just TOTALLY customize my cockpit controls. I would like use of my aswd keys for throttle and chassis turning :?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

heh, well thank Skyfaller there he wrote it! :)
As for cockpit controls you might be able to do that in the input.map.. but I have never bothered to use wasd in mech2 so i do not know how it will take it.

Edit:
Yay, my 999th post which makes me a 1st Mechwarrior lol :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.