Screwy Colours/Gamma in the Office/Lobby (Titanium)

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Murdochi
I.S. Baby

Screwy Colours/Gamma in the Office/Lobby (Titanium)

Post by Murdochi »

Hello, sirs and madams!

I'm just ploughing my way through the MW2 trilogy, and I've finally got to Mercs where I've found an annoying glitch in the Titanium version of MW2 Mercs. After I play a mission and come back to the Dropship menu or Comstar Terminal or what have you, the colours and contrast/brightness are totally screwed up. I can't take a screenshot with FRAPS apparently, so I can only describe it as like someone's hit the screen with the Burn tool from Photoshop. Everything is either really dark, or the colours that do get shown have the contrast/brightness way-up so it's a horrible vomit/neon colour most of the time. This goes for FMVs too, but not in game luckily. Not exactly a show-stopper but really annoying!

I'm using Vista Ultimate Edition (64-bit) fully patched and Service Packed up.

Anyone able to kindly shed some light on this horribly gaudy and garish mystery, please? :(
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Screwy Colours/Gamma in the Office/Lobby (Titanium)

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

sorry to say no idea how to fix that.

My only suggestion would be to use the dos version with dosbox as that glitch should not happen with that version.

Anyone else have any clue?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Sorry, I have never witnessed that glitch and I can't explain it either.

1. How did you install MW2:Mercs (Titanium)?
2. What patches are installed?
3. What graphics card/chipset do you use?
Murdochi
I.S. Baby

Post by Murdochi »

1. It was just a standard install, no third party installers or anything, it just ran fine from the Autorun.
2. No patches apart from the XP patch to get it to run in the first place.
3. Should have probably had this in the first post - NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS - and I'm using zeckensack's Glidewrapper to enable 3DFX. And I've tried it without the wrapper, ie. D3D, but it still does it.

Thanks for the quick replies folks btw - I know nobody likes a stumper! Just in case I've downloaded the hybrid Windows/DOS version to see if I can get any joy out of that.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Just in case I've downloaded the hybrid Windows/DOS version to see if I can get any joy out of that.
.... downloaded.... I hope that you purchased that version in the past..... please clarify.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Murdochi
I.S. Baby

Post by Murdochi »

I stole (well, have an extended loan) of the Titanium Edition off a friend. I bought MW2:Mercs when it first came out and I miss the original InstallShield with the Atlas in the gantry, which also forces you to install DirectX 2 or someting silly. Neither the developers nor the publishers have lost out on any revenue by downloading, I can assure you.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

you did buy that mercs version though?

The issue is not whether they lost anything monetarily the issue is their copyright.
Murdochi
I.S. Baby

Post by Murdochi »

Yes.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

k.

Have you tried mechvm to install titanium?