Mercenaries on DOSBox

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Mercenaries on DOSBox

Post by RL_Nice »

I installed Mercenaries successfully on DosBox, and the cutscenes and menu's work, but that's about it. As soon as I try to start up a mission, I get a loading screen, followed by a quick "CD-ROM not mounted" error, and a return to the menu.

I tried the fixes I found in this thread to no avail (though I'm not necessarily sure if I used them correctly), and I tried switching my disc image from .iso to .bin/.cue as was mentioned in this thread, but that didn't work either.

Any help?
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: Mercenaries on DOSBox

Post by npsbre »

Your bin and cue files should be together in the same directory and the bin should not be renamed after it has been created. Are you sure it's mounting properly? For what it's worth, ISO will never work (as far as I know) for playing, assuming you have a normal/vanilla (DOS/Win) disk. What version is your disk?
RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by RL_Nice »

Yes, I have the DOS/Win disc, and I'm sure that my image is mounting correctly- I was able to run the installation off of it. I'm also keeping both the bin and cue files in the same directory.
npsbre

Post by npsbre »

Try re-doing the cue/bin image? MMPD has suggested CloneCD and I know it worked for me.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Kinda sounds like protected cd mode needs to be set in clone cd for the img/cue set.
also, you did not say whether you were mounting the .cue. Are you mounting the .cue?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by RL_Nice »

Yes, I mounted the .cue. I even edited the DOSBox config to automatically mount the image on startup like stated in your guide.

I don't know if this may have any relevance on my issue, but I did install the game with an .iso file and then used MagicISO to convert it to .bin/.cue
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

could be doubt it tho... i would just try remaking with clone cd then reinstall.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Do you mount several CDs during DosBox startup? It is possible that MW2 finds another CD in a "lower" drive letter. That's why I always mount the CDs in the .BAT files that start games in DosBox.
RL_Nice
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by RL_Nice »

You can mount a .bat file? How?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

I think he means the autoexec section of the dosbox.conf.