minor issues

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: minor issues

Post by Skyfaller »

I dusted off my old box to install Win98SE, took me all morning. Installing Mercs and patching to 1.1 went easy, it even asks whether you want to install improved 3D graphics. But I didn't get it to run, not on the Win98SE box, nor under Vista after manually patching to the *42.dll's combined with the hook. It says "DP DLL ERROR - BUG - Negative Threads".

Update: It worked in Vista32, no mw2inject.exe needed, though still unstable. It automatically used my desktop resolution and targetting worked. That means, it may be better than Titanium Mercs in this regard - the resolution patches for Titanium require targetting to be disabled, if you recall.
Attachments
mw2-mercs-win-1.1-Bild 2.png
mw2-mercs-win-1.1-Bild 2.png (427.88 KiB) Viewed 4820 times
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

It seems a patch to Mercs 1.1 was published in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=514
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Prob is tho with that guide is that requires a WAV folder which does not exist on most versions of mercs.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

-Sir MMPD Radick
Prob is tho with that guide is that requires a WAV folder which does not exist on most versions of mercs.
Perhaps someone could upload it then...

-StrangeMetal
- After a mission, the interface palette glitches and debriefing screen is totally black
fix: click on the menu at the top to go to Combat Variables screen then right click out of the Combat Var. screen to go back into the fixed debrief screen
Yeah thats a fun one, I should see if alt tabbing fixes it next time, although I think I remember that it doesn't.

Code: Select all

- After a mission, the interface palette glitches and debriefing screen is totally black
fix: click on the menu at the top to go to Combat Variables screen then right click out of the Combat Var. screen to go back into the fixed debrief screen
That started long before I had to go to running merc on 7/vista, it just seems to be caused by the newer tech in a person's computer.
- During the sim, parts of the world flicker in and out of visibility even though they are in range
no fix? I applied the visible range patch to 1600 meters, but it didn't glitch like that before in v1.05...
Never saw this happen either.
- INCREDIBLE lag when you turn on ANY texturing (or even when you see it, even though it's off)
no fix: for the DC missions where you have to venture into a city to destroy the third floor office, the buildings are textured whether you have it on or off and if you approach the city the lag becomes so intense that the sim turns into a slideshow... this should NOT happen on a PC that was made a full 10 years after the game's been released...
I have yet to see any texture related lag.
- Momentary lag when dynamic lights appear; firing of any weapon, there's a lag when the dynamic light is rendered...
no fix.
Never occurs for me.
- Game crashes randomly when receiving a radio message...
fix: re-run the game, it sometimes goes through and doesn't crash
I may have notced this once before, but it happened a long time ago if I did.

GFX - NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.8GHz
SND - Creative SB X-Fi (PCI Card)