Mercs (Win 95) Install on XP?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mercs (Win 95) Install on XP?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Make sure to buy off ebay... amazon always sends the wrong versions.. avoid all enhanced versions of mech2 including titanium..

Hope it turns out well!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
saracen16
I.S. Baby

Post by saracen16 »

Hey, guys. Sorry for my absence. I was just wondering how you install MW2: Mercs on XP with DOSBOX. Can someone point me to a guide?

EDIT: I found the guide and tried it, but it gave me an error saying that the program must be run from the cd-rom drive, and asked me to insert it and start again. Any tips? Thanks in advance! :)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

did you make the .img/cue and mount the cue? Also did you record it as if it was a protected game cd?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
saracen16
I.S. Baby

Post by saracen16 »

It's an original CD, SirMMPD Radick. Also, the version can run on both Win95 and DOS. I've tried running the installer through DOSBOX but it didn't work. It installed when I ran the DOS installer from the CD-ROM, but I don't know where to go from there. I tried running mercswin.exe in DOSBOX and that failed, too. That is, I followed the guide you posted. How do I go from where I stopped now to run the game?

Again, thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: I found the application. I think it's MERCS.EXE, right? Well, I tried running it through dosbox and it said error: mercenaries cd not found.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

DosBox needs a CD image. It cannot use the original disk.