Trouble with merc launch

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
berek_grimgor
I.S. Baby

Trouble with merc launch

Post by berek_grimgor »

I managed to install dos mercs as the win95 install just plain wouldn't work (the install engine exe was messed up or something)

however whenever i run the .bat file to launch the game the dosbox just flashes really quick and thats it. the game just won't start.

help!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Trouble with merc launch

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Please provide OS & SP, version of mercenaries, what method that you are using and all steps that you have taken.
Also did you get the bat file from this post?
And if you did, did you change the bat file to point to mercs.exe?

Lastly did you patch mercenaries DOS to 1.06?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
berek_grimgor
I.S. Baby

Post by berek_grimgor »

ok i got it to work by changing the .bat file.

and of course me naturally having not read the FAQ didn't realize i needed the noflb.com fixes. :roll:

i know i know silly noobs.

now i have a problem where i can't launch missions but i'm gonna read the faq for that too.
berek_grimgor
I.S. Baby

Post by berek_grimgor »

well i looked and couldn't find the solution to my problem. essentially whats happening is when i try to launch campaign missions the game just closes and in instant action when i launch it gives me the loading screen then the game closes but the game music still plays until i take the cd out.

help!

again i'm running XP SP3 and i used the dos install on the win 95 D3D disk of mercs (the one that says to only ship with HP computers) and i have patched to 1.06
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

hmmm have me rather stumped.. nolfb.com and the bat usually solves that.
Would ya mind stopping by our IRC channel? I might be able to better help you there.

Edit: We solved the problem via remote desktop.
The D3D edition apparently has a flaw in it when it comes to DOS. We used another method to get around it.
So everyone with this version keep in mind DOS does not work!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
berek_grimgor
I.S. Baby

Post by berek_grimgor »

And great thanks to Raddick for helping me with this. I havent been able to play mercs2 in like 8 or 9 years.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Your Welcome, enjoy!