Memory Requirements

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
ZionFireXP
I.S. Baby

Memory Requirements

Post by ZionFireXP »

Okay, here's another one from the newbie...

When I try to do a full install of Mercs I get an error that there's not enough space in the directory. I have over 100 times the amount of space needed free on my hard drive. What's the deal?

I can install the "recommended" install. The first time I did, it worked great, but in hassling with all of this my comp started glitching so I did a system restore and that fixed my comp's problems but required a re-install of mercs...it was still there, but for some reason it wouldn't work. I re-installed with the recommended install, but now the videos (ie drop ship landing/take off, etc) have dissappeared. Not sure what's up with that...thought maybe a full install would fix it, but can't seem to find a work around.

All of this is in DOSBOX btw.

Thanks!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Memory Requirements

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

if you are on XP just install without dosbox, and if your lucky you may be able to get around it. Other than that I have no clue. :(
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ZionFireXP
I.S. Baby

Post by ZionFireXP »

Thanks for the reply. I'm on VISTA.

I fired Mercs back up because it's still fun to play without the vids, and the vids were there! Not sure why they didn't show up before, but they're back and so far (I've only run a few missions) mercs is running great through DOSBOX.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Congrats, I am glad to hear it is working!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.