mech2mercenaries on xp?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: mech2mercenaries on xp?

Post by npsbre »

I don't have any links, but just to clarify terminology --

There is no "Pentium/Win95" edition MW2 Mercs. All "standard" Mercs CDs from version 1.0 have both DOS and Win95/"Pentium" versions on them. There's also a rare 3dfx version that Venom posted about awhile ago that he got running with varying success (I don't remember entirely). I think then the only other version is Titanium, which is Windows-only.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

actually there is one more version..."Enhanced D3D Edition", but yah exactly like npsbre said there is no pentium edition of mercs.

Unfortuneatly now on ebay there are no 95 versions that are cheap, I can give you a link to the DOS version though which comes with all three games.

It expires in 6 days.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

It probably should work, but I cannot tell based on the picture... they did not put any details whether it is dos or 95, that is why i left it out of my links.
You may end up getting something for $20 which may only be DOS. IMO you should wait for a better deal to come along, or take the link i provided of the DOS version, or ask the seller which version of Mercenaries it is.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

hmm... how about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MechWarrior-2-Merce ... .m20.l1116

it says it comes with no memory card. does that mean i wouldnt b able 2 save my missions and the like?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Yes, if that is the origional box then it is the right one.
It matches what I have.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Hold on I just got a reply from the seller from the first link I gave you with all 3 games..
It is 95/DOS... I would highly suggest you go for that one, it is a much much better deal!

Anyway Link is here

Ends in 5 days but it is worth the wait if you can get all 3 games for less than $20
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

hmm... id rather just get mercs so is the link that i just previously posted good or no good? like i said it comes with no memory card so what does that mean?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

its a goof up, the author does not know how to describe all three in one post.