Windows Vista

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
ZionFireXP
I.S. Baby

Re: Windows Vista

Post by ZionFireXP »

Hi,

I lost my first message...saw "save" and thought "send" and then tried to back out....oh well.

I found Mech2 Merc in an old box of CDs the other day. I'm running Vista 32bit but tried to install as Admin with compatability set at Win 95. Setup proceeds almost 100%, but just before the Direct X 5 prompt it pops up an error. "Error Loading WIN95INF32.DLL" That error is covered over by the DX5 prompt. I skip installing DX5, setup finishes and prompts me to click OK to play or CANCEL to return to windows. Clicking OK or trying to start the game by any other means (short cut, etc.) gets the same result: the screen goes black for two seconds then returns to windows.

Any help?

I used to play through this game all the time years ago. It had a hang on a mission that would cause a crash every time I completed it, but I'd start over and play from the beginning up to that mission over and over again. It'd be a blast to play it again.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Use the hook.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ZionFireXP
I.S. Baby

Post by ZionFireXP »

Please note I started a thread on the topic, but...How do you use the Hook? I can't seem to figure it out... :?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

by the sounds of ya last post in the other thread I think you got it. If not lemme know. :)

If that fails use kontza's method.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.