How do INSTALL through DOSBOX?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
REDSLATE
I.S. Baby

Re: How do INSTALL through DOSBOX?

Post by REDSLATE »

I have also had trouble trying to install Mercs on DosBox(0.73). I mounted my disk drive (d:\) properly, ran the install.exe program, and recieved the following message: Error Code 9005 The installer was unable to find a suitable temporary directory. You may specify one on the command line by invoking: D:\DOS\INSTALL.EXE SwapDir=d:\path If your computer is part of a network, please ensure that you have adequate rights to create a subdirectory and a file on the path you specify. How do I correct this error or install Mercs another way? BTW: I also tried backing the disc up to the hard drive and running DosBox on it. It seemed to install properly, though it gives me an error stating that I need to reinstall it using the disc.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Simplest way to install mercs dos is through vmware.
It works on Windows XP and above.

btw thx for the command line info i had not seen that switch before! :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Mojoswagger1980
I.S. Baby

Post by Mojoswagger1980 »

You have to make a virtual copy of your disc!!!! Dosbox has a known bug which generates a no-cd warning with the actual game . Its dosbox issue that is corrected by simply ripping a bin/cue file from original cd.