Problem with NON-titanium mercs.

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
harpuia101
I.S. Baby

Problem with NON-titanium mercs.

Post by harpuia101 »

I was until this point quite successfully playing the non-titanium version of the game using the mw2inject.exe method. I got to a certain point in the game and now it seems my saved games won't load. When I try to load it, it instantly crashes the program. Even choosing instant action causes the game to crash. Any ideas?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Problem with NON-titanium mercs.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Unfortuneatly I am not a mercs expert... but I would have to suggest backing up your save and then erasing the save file to see if that fixes it....
Other than that I have no clue..

npsbre you have any ideas?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Perhaps create a backup copy, then reinstall and transfer the save games to the new install folder?
The save games have the name mersave0.sav to mersave9.sav.
harpuia101
I.S. Baby

Post by harpuia101 »

I tried that actually. It's kind of weird. When I do not use mw2inject to start (using the MercsProxyPatcher instead), the game does start and seems to work except the sound repeats over and over and over on basically all the screens.. Nothing beats "Select...Select...Select...Select... *5 minutes later* Game.. Game... Game...Game... Game...". You also cannot do anything as the game locks up until the speech on these screens finish completely.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yah, i think you should reinstall.. or switch to mercs dos.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
harpuia101
I.S. Baby

Post by harpuia101 »

well, reinstalling doesnt work... i guess i will have to look into DOS mercs