IPX Via DOSBOX

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

IPX Via DOSBOX

Post by Jerad Gray »

And look, exactally what I was looking for, thanks...
Now if I could only get flipping vista's IPX protocol to work right.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Netmech - Random Mission Setting Generator

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

you do not need to.. and even if you did it would not be compatible with our system.. grab the netmech dosbox version, it is presetup and it works in vista.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

I ment mercnet, or does it work with mercenaries as well?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

It does but it is not played often.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

I'm just using this at home over my network, which is why I as using IPX. Well dosbox actually go through my at home network, or will it have to go onto the internet and then be rerouted back to the other computer through its internet connection?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: IPX Via DOSBOX

(Split Topic to a more appropriate area)

yes, it will work on your local network if you set it up properly.. google IPX DOSBOX
You will find all the info ya need. The command to start a server is "ipxnet startserver"

Really though if your concerned about lag the servers not laggy at all, nearly the same as the lan these days assuming your broadband.
Even with 5 people on one connection it would not be that bad I do not think.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

So will I have to download another program, modify the merc net one, or is it just part of command prompt (I know its not the last one).
My guess is download, all I have found so far is instuctions on how to use it, but I'm sure I'll come up with it here in a bit, just need to narrow the search a bit.

Of course it was on sourceforge.net, well if anyone else needs the link http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=535033.

And here is a useful tutorial on the Dosbox forums http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8933

(Moderator merged Posts to prevent double post)

So am I right to say that dosbox will not support Titanium Editions, beings they only support windows and not DOS?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Correct it will only support DOS Mercs.

You will have to install dosbox from their website, and set it up manually since there is no mercs package we are able to provide.
The tutorials you have should be enough to get ya in there.

Plus you will need to follow these instructions after you get it installed or you will never get anywhere with dosbox.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83