Fatal error #53 cd not mounted

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
daemir
I.S. Baby

Fatal error #53 cd not mounted

Post by daemir »

So, I got my dos version working fine and dandy and managed to figure out how to rebind keys as I want them, but then I noticed that the dos version doesn't have dynamic salvage, so I need to get the windows version working.

However, following the installation instructions, the last parts are where something goes different

5 .It should detect the version, so just click the button with the name of your version.
6. After it is installed you can either run it through the Play button or go to the games folder in the mechvm folder and you can find the game installed.
Note: In Vista MechWarrior 2 DOS is installed into the DOSBOX sub-folder instead of the games folder.

After I click the version to install as per #5, it does install the game. However, right after doing that, it asks for a cd image location, which is not mentioned in the instructions. Oh well, I point it to the .cue file of a protected game image I made of my cd (why doesn't the windows version understand my real cd?), but it doesn't help. I can get to the game menus and all, I can create pilot and such, but as soon as a mission should launch, I'll get fatal error #53 cd not mounted.

I tried with the real CD in the real CD-drive. I tried mounted image. Both fail. The dos version of the game runs fine and dandy though, but I want to get 1.1 patch working.

Any ideas?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Fatal error #53 cd not mounted

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hmm, looking at what ya posted I am not quite sure. From the sounds of it you did it properly.
Protected game cd for mercs usually works in clone cd. As for the error though, I have never seen that happen when you launch the game. Usually if your in the game it will not do that... :|
Generally I have never had much luck with windows versions of the games... What I would suggest for those would be vmware as windows .. especially 8 does not seem to like it at all.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
daemir
I.S. Baby

Re: Fatal error #53 cd not mounted

Post by daemir »

I tried using a 1.1 patch someone modified from these forums and it worked in resolving the cd not loaded error and lets me get into a mission, but sadly the game doesn't draw the game world and everything but the cockpit and UI is white, so no luck there either.

Why does my mechvm ask for the cd image location at the end of instal, I just don't get it :(