Solution to 1.1 install?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Solution to 1.1 install?

Post by Bulldog8281 »

I have been away for a while, but does anyone know if there is a solution to get 1.1 to install correctly for Mercs? I am running MW2: Mercenaries regular 95 CD (no enhanced or 3D Version) using MechVM and DOSbox. It runs perfect, but the pre-scripted salvage drives me crazy. I run the 1.1 patch and it says it completes, but the salvage still remains pre-scripted.

Maybe i have the wrong 1.1 patch install? I am just not sure.

Thanks. XP SP3
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Solution to 1.1 install?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

There is only one 1.1 patch and if it completes and you can launch it is indeed patched.
The only thing that comes to mind is if you have profiles in previous versions maybe that is causing an issue withe salvage?
Long shot but only thing I can think of would be to do a fresh install and see if it changes anything.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Thanks. Is there a way to "wipe" the list of installed games on MechVM? I have a huge list because I have installed these multiple times (because I was trying to get around glitches), but perhaps maybe this is the issue. Maybe I should just remove MechVM altogether and re-install MechVM, and then the games.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I do not believe there is an uninstall option. i would just try first setting up a seperate directory with mechvm and reinstalling that way before erasing the old mechvm and starting over.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
hey-pi-ron
I.S. Baby

Post by hey-pi-ron »

I search for this, but can't find any useful information, exept 1.1 is very buggie...
I'm using Win7 64, Install retail Mercs 1.05 with MechVm, and I can't install 1.1 patch or 1.08 patch from here viewtopic.php?t=61. Maybe it need's to have some reg in windows regisrty? Can someone make reg-file for it? Or this patch completely did't work on Win7 64?
I find this viewtopic.php?f=17&t=514 and try too, but ingame I did't see any mechs, HUD is broken, etc... Maybe it's not wor for my retail version, idk. Any advices?
My Mercs CD looks like this:
download/file.php?id=594

UPD: I think after patching game just can't let me set 3dfx video driver. So... after launch I can't see tectures, lots of models, etc... Can I force 3dfx videodriver for Mercs somehow? Of course I install nglide, but It doesn't help.