Difficulty running MW2Mercs on Windows 7 64 Bit

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
BrotherSurplice
I.S. Baby

Difficulty running MW2Mercs on Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by BrotherSurplice »

So I recently bought the "Essentials" version of MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries off of Amazon. This is the version that can be used on both Windows 95 and DOS. I installed it with MechVM, to find it asking me for a CD image. The instructions on this website said nothing about needing a CD image, so I didn't have one, so I proceeded without. I tried playing the DOS version through MechVM. Dosbox activated, the screen went dark as if the game was loading, but then my computer just returned to MechVM. It said "finished at code 0". I tried playing with the Windows 95 version, but every time I started a mission, I would immediately fail the mission. So I made a CD image file (including a CUE file), installed again, directed MechVM to the image, but the exact same problems remain. I would love some help with this guys, as this game sounds fantastic.

EDIT: The CD says version 1.05, if that's important.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Difficulty running MW2Mercs on Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Sounds like you might be loading the failed install.. delete mechvm and reinstall it. Try to re-run the install off of the .cue file. Should work
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
BrotherSurplice
I.S. Baby

Post by BrotherSurplice »

:D It seems to work OK now. Thanks for the help, I can't wait to get into this game! :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

awesome! Glad it worked! Happy Hunting!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
berek_grimgor
I.S. Baby

Post by berek_grimgor »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:Sounds like you might be loading the failed install.. delete mechvm and reinstall it. Try to re-run the install off of the .cue file. Should work
how does one go about creating a .cue? I have an img but it doesn't appear to be working.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Info is here