Begging for a download....

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
greatwhite
I.S. Baby

Begging for a download....

Post by greatwhite »

Normally, I don't ask this but I'm stuck.

I'm looking for mechwarrior 2 mercenaries in the win 95 version.

I used to have it but when I pulled out the cd case it was gone. I love this old game, that's why I've kept it since I bought it new way back when. Paid full retail in 1996 and was worth every penny.

All I can figure is that it got nicked by some sticky fingers when we moved this summer past. I know it was in the case when it went into the packers hands, I was playing it before we tore down the computer room and put it all in little boxes. After they unloaded it took months before I got everything unpacked and setup, then I find this old gem gone a few weeks ago.

Here's proof that I actually have (errr, HAD) a purchased copy:

Here's what I found when I opened it:

I was not happy.

I've found a couple versions on the web but they're either a demo version or DOS which won't work in VMware or with any of the patches. I just get a "tries to access hard disk directly" error.

I really don't want to mess with stuff like DOSBox. I just wanna load it up and get my metal bashing fix.

Anyone wanna help an old guy out?

PM, email, whatever......