Instant Action

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Lag King
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Instant Action

Post by Lag King »

Is it me, or does instant action stink in Mercs? I hate how all the maps are flat with little terrain. Does any know to load other maps into instant action? How do I load the custom missions that found on the web?
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: Instant Action

Post by npsbre »

Instant action in Mercs is virtually identical to the "non-storyline" missions in the campaign, and while it may not be as interesting as the storyline campaign missions, it is something of a step up from the 31CC instant action. You can choose different mission types at least in Mercs. As far as I know, there's no simple way to change the set of instant action maps.

I know the most about DOS versions of Mercs. This may be possible in Windows versions as well, but my experience there is limited. To run the user-made missions by yourself on a DOS version, you'll need the 1.06 patch, which is the same as 1.05 but allows you to drop to missions by yourself in Mercnet. So to load these missions, you need to run Mercnet. (You don't necessarily have to be connected to any real lobby to do this... you can run this entirely off the network.) I have only played one "single player" user-made mission, and maybe there are others (with AI mechs) that I haven't seen, but I do know that the vast majority are multiplayer. (AI mechs don't work in multiplayer.)