Immediate Mission Failure

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
frozenreddy
I.S. Baby

Immediate Mission Failure

Post by frozenreddy »

Hi there,
I'm running windows 7 64-bit.
I found a mw2 mercs .img file.
I burned it to a disk.
I also created a bin/cue.
I used mechvm to install it. The version appears to be a 95/dos version.
I run the dos version. Everything seems fine, until I launch the mission. it immediately fails.
When asked I pointed it to the .cue file. I also switched to a different mech than the default commando. I have read other threads on this issue and tried everything.
I also tried to run from dosbox (without using mechvm) and this time I got to the green heartbeat screen but it also failed, this time showing a message that the CD is not detected or something along those lines. I assume running from mechvm is encountering the same error...
Can anyone help me with this? as far as I can tell I've done everything recommended, tried a different mech, installed from CD, pointed to .cue file, I don't know what else to do, it doesn't seem to be detecting the CD when I go to run a mission.

Thanks for the help
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Immediate Mission Failure

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

sorry can't really help you with pirated versions.
I can tell you this. if the image didn't have a .cue to begin with the issue is in the source.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.