Unused Mechs for Single Player

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Unused Mechs for Single Player

Post by Jerad Gray »

So, I was playing though the Mercs campaign again, this time I patched it to 1.1 so I could enjoy the wonders of dynamic salvage. While playing the mission where you destroy the wind powers, my aerotech ejected, after I won, I was able to salvage it and "fly" it. This of course made me want to get all the hovercraft and tank playable in game; unfortunately, that didn't happen (couldn’t figure it out). So Instead I did my best to add in all the mechs that are available to buy or salvage in single player as startup mechs, all you have to do is load the save you want, and then enter all your info as usual.

So long story short, I pinned down all the mechs you normally can’t play in single player, and made save games you can load and use these mechs as a startup mech.
Aerospace Fighter
Battle Suit
Elemental and a special version that has IS weapons and moves faster, but no jump jets.
H-2A Annihilator
BBH-K305 Battle Hawk (Might actually be on the secret base snow level, but I'm not sure).
Dire Wolf
Grim Reaper
Highlander
RVN-3L Raven
MDG-1A Rakshasa
PPR-5S Salamander
Jenner IIC and a special version that has IS weapons. (I know this shows up on the random missions; however, you can't salvage from said missions).

Known Issues:
Aerospace Fighter Related:
*When piloting the aerospace fighter one of your command mates will walk in off the side of the map, their numbering in the menu will also be wrong, if you have two of them you’ll have to command one with CTRL+X and CTRL+C.
*If a squad mate is flying the aircraft and you don’t have another aerospace fighter on your squad you have to use CTRL+X and CTRL+C to use him, he doesn’t show up in the B menu any more.
*Please keep in mind that the aircraft always stays at the same height, so on certain levels you'll end up under the terrain, this can be rather problematic, the solution is to use a mech in this situations.

Generic Issues:
*You can’t customize the mech you choose to start with UNLESS you cheat. In order to get it so you can customize the mech you choose you simply have to eject and then use the LI cheat code to win, then salvage the mech you ejected from. Now it will work just as any other mech would.
*The weapons lead-out displays wrong in mech lab until you perform the previous cheat.

Requirements:
*This requires version 1.1 of MW2: Mercs.

Downloads: (Two files because 14 saves total)
http://www.mediafire.com/?pxep1fyfm5q22qx
http://www.mediafire.com/?2cx87k90k3rg2k8
Demonslayer
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Re: Unused Mechs for Single Player

Post by Demonslayer »

lol i already did this XP thats why i am waiting for the mechvm prj editor to work so that i can add the lbx ac20
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1189
Last edited by Demonslayer on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

nice work
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
MensloWolf
I.S. Baby

Post by MensloWolf »

How did you get the Win 95 version of Mercs working?
Vandervecken
I.S. Baby

Post by Vandervecken »

MensloWolf, I haven't had any trouble installing Mercs Win95.
I recommend doing it on an XP VM.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

MensloWolf wrote:How did you get the Win 95 version of Mercs working?
That was actually run under windows 7, I can tell because that is the D3D version of the game, and at the time I didn't have a VM that supported Direct X.