Can someone please help?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

HElp with Mercs

Post by Captianwaffles »

SO I got an orgional MEchwarrior 2 mercs cd. I used mechvm and clone CD to install it. THe videos, mech lab and all else works. Except for actually launching a mission, then it exits and kicks me to the desktop. And, I cant seem to configure the mech keys to move/operate the mech, as they are all greyed out. Can someone help me?

Also, I found a way to hack mech mercs and get easy $$$ with ONLY mercs and cheat engine ( I bought a flashman at the start :p). I'll post a how-to if someone can help me get this figgin thing to work.
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Can someone please help?

Post by Captianwaffles »

SO I got an orgional MEchwarrior 2 mercs cd. I used mechvm and clone CD to install it. THe videos, mech lab and all else works. Except for actually launching a mission, then it exits and kicks me to the desktop. Can someone help me?

OS windows 7
Version 1.5
Useing mechvm/dosbox
read intall guide,- did not help at all.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: HElp with Mercs

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hmm your using the DOS version and its kicking you to desktop... what is the error code?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Re: Can someone please help?

Post by Captianwaffles »

It does not bring up an error code box thingy, when I minimise the mechvm window the last lines on the background blackbox thingy says:

-C mercs bat
Processes ended with code 0

Everything works fine, except actually playing the levels. When I click launch, it goes black, I get in green lettering "sycronizing interface" or something like that THEN kicked out.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Could you please try installing with the DOSBOX method outlined in this video?
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Post by Captianwaffles »

That video did not help, if I could simply install it normally I would have. But I did install the 1.1 patch which, after installing decided that I don't need to play the game and deprogress the functionality to the opening video. With no sound. This is what happened when I tried to use mechvm. On the brighter side and thank you for posting that vid, the patch made MERCSWIN.exe actually work, which when I tried to launch a mission, I got that error.
Last edited by Captianwaffles on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Post by Captianwaffles »

AH-HA! it finally let up! I'm missing DPLAY.DLL. I figured out the missing peice MUHAHAHAHA!!!!! Any advice on where it goes and how to get it?
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Post by Captianwaffles »

I copied and pasted the file to the subfolders and main install file, still not running.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Would you be willing to come on IRC chat when you get a chance? It would be much easier to debug this.
Captianwaffles
I.S. Baby

Post by Captianwaffles »

I'm on now.. right now.