MW2 Mercs Titanium weapon glitch/music

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

MW2 Mercs Titanium weapon glitch/music

Post by Bulldog8281 »

I know I know, it is the Titanium version. But, SOMEONE may be able to help. I cannot get a hold of the regular Win 95 version.

Whenever I fire a weapon in Mercs, in certain places on certain missions, half of my weapon shots instantaniously either appear on a target I am shooting at which does normal damage, appears on a nearby hill or structure, or dissapears entirely.

Laying it out as best as I can:

1. After I fire a few salvos of a weapon into the air, the weapon fires normally until I hit or target something.

2. If I am hitting a target (Mech, vehicle, ect.), (say I am firing an LRM 20) the first 20 missle shot will fire normally and hit the intended target. BUT, when I try to shot it again with the same LRM 20, 10 of the 20 missles will instantly appear to hit the target, instead of flying to it normally.

3. If I hit a building with a weapon, the next salvo will instantly hit the building or hill even if I am not near it. I can be on the other side of the map and it will still do it!

4. It also does this randomly just by changing my location in a mission. For instance, when the "protect the Prince" mission starts (he is in a Dragon), when I first fire a weapon (PPC for example), the weapon fire will instantly hit the small hill near where NAV Alpha is.

Also, is there any known way to get the FULL soundtracks to work on Mercs Titanium instead of the first 60 seconds? I don't have copies of the full versions. I am using Kontza's (I think that is his alias) patching method for XP. Thanks for reading this.

Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon Dual Core 6400+
3 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5630 graphics card
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: MW2 Mercs Titanium weapon glitch/music

Post by Hadakajime »

Bulldog8281 wrote:I don't have copies of the full versions.
Do you mean to say you don't own original hard copies of the game? Because this will definitely affect what to do for a fix.. ;)
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Hadakajime wrote:
Bulldog8281 wrote:I don't have copies of the full versions.
Do you mean to say you don't own original hard copies of the game? Because this will definitely affect what to do for a fix.. ;)
I apologize, I should have been more specific.

I don't have the full versions of the MUSIC TRACKS.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

:shock: that's even more confusing, how is a partial version of the music possible?

Do you mean you only have partial files, or it only partly plays the full files?

Are you playing off the disc, or a ripped image/files?
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Hadakajime wrote::shock: that's even more confusing, how is a partial version of the music possible?

Do you mean you only have partial files, or it only partly plays the full files?

Are you playing off the disc, or a ripped image/files?
The Titanium version of Mercenaries for whatever reason only has the first 60 seconds of the songs for the missions, accept for the last two tracks.

What I was stating is that IF there is a way to replace the shortened music tracks with the full versions (That I don't have), I would want to know how.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Confirmed, the Titanium Trilogy (TT) soundtracks were shortened to make space for additional data on the CDs.

Virtual CD stores CD images separately from the data on a CD. It may be possible to exchange the music using that program. I don't know VirtualCD's current price.

A cheaper alternative would be to rebuild the ISO images using a program like Nero or K3B. You don't need to burn the images to a CD, but you need software to mount the images. That way, you're probably not bound to CD size limits. Alternatively, leave out the 8-bit files (BattlePack).

Note that the TT soundtracks are not only shorter, but they have different ordering. At least on TT's GBL CD, there is one song that is not featured on the original disk. There was a thread recently about the song lists, and there may be older threads about TT's soundtrack.

Please let us know if you get it working.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

Yeah, make a tutorial video ;)

(sorry, I only ever play DOS)
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Ok, that does help a lot. I may be able to get a hold of one of those programs actually. I am mainly focused on Mercenaries, and as far as I can tell, the music tracks are in the same order no matter what version of mercs you have. I may be able to make a duplicate of the game, using software and I can just burn the full audio versions on to a blank CD. It would take some doing, but I am going to play around with things and see what works.
Bulldog8281
I.S. Baby

Post by Bulldog8281 »

Sorry for the double post if there is a rule against that. No one was posting here.

I got a hold of a copy of a brand new Mercenaries 3DFX version. This version does not have any weapon glitches or shortened music.

I am using the "Windows 95 Native" on MechVM and it runs great accept for one small issue. The music only plays through the tracks once during a mission. It doesn't repeat it. Anyone know why or a fix?

BTW: whoever made MechVM, you are awesome.
Jerad Gray
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Jerad Gray »

So, where you able to successfully make a CD with full music tracks, I have both titanium and the original dos copy of Mercs, and if you could perhaps walk us through what you used and how you did it that'd be great.

Also, to my knowledge the weapons missing issue has to do with when frame rate (or at least that’s what the bug fix for the 1.1 patch claimed (Although it still does happen, it stops happening if you do something that slows the game down)).