list of weapon damage, heat, range, and recovery time?

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Knotanalt
I.S. Baby

list of weapon damage, heat, range, and recovery time?

Post by Knotanalt »

I'm playing through again now and it's maddening to me to not know the exact specs of weapons and I can't find a manual on replacement docs.

Anyone know a list that works for mercenariess? I see several lists but they are all conflicting. Of course if there's a manual out there I think it has this info (though I'm not certain).
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: list of weapon damage, heat, range, and recovery time?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

There is no manual that has accurate ranges.

The closest thing we have is this and it is not for mercs.

The games mechlab though should tell you ranges.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Knotanalt
I.S. Baby

Re: list of weapon damage, heat, range, and recovery time?

Post by Knotanalt »

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MechWarrio ... es/Weapons

This one seems familiar I think that's what I remember from the old manul but it's incomplete. I'm pretty sure that it's 150 for machineguns, too.

Is there some way to access the mechlab in mercenaries? When I choose customize it doesn't show range or number of heat sinks, though I infer now that there's supposed to be 10 built in heat sinks for engines regardless of the size of the mech. And I read somewhere you generate 1 heat per ten tons so a 50 ton mech will dissipate 5 heat with no extra heat sinks. Or something like that.

I also don't get info on range or anything in the buy sell area.

It's very frustrating, especially with clam weapons which I know have much different ranges and heat signatures.