mercnet problems

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
Matchstick
I.S. Baby

mercnet problems

Post by Matchstick »

is there a working mercnet around for titanium? any time i try to run it on win7 i get this
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: mercnet problems

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

not really no we don't support builds for that anymore.
If you want mercnet you need to setup mercnet dos via DOSBOX and point it to our dosbox IPX server.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Matchstick
I.S. Baby

Post by Matchstick »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:not really no we don't support builds for that anymore.
If you want mercnet you need to setup mercnet dos via DOSBPX and point it to our dosbox IPX server.
ok well i got my DOS ver working so no big loss if titanium does not work. me and my friends already tryed out netmech but i think there going to be happy when i give them the news we can play mercnet on DOSBOX..
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Not sure about details, but I think MechVM supports MercNet when you install the DOS version of Mercs via MechVM.
FireBlood
I.S. Baby

Post by FireBlood »

Would there be anyway for Mercnet to be an all in one download like Netmech on this site? or is it a just figure it out and link up to the server ourselves?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

I am sorry but unlike netmech activision did not distribute it separately so setting it up is something you will have to figure out.
In DOSBOX make sure the following lines are there:

ipx = true

IPXNET CONNECT mech2.org 10001
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Demonslayer
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Demonslayer »

but sir radick didnt we try the mercnet on dosbox and fail misberably?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

There was a setting wrong somewhere in what I did. I know it works fine.
Adamant
I.S. Baby

Post by Adamant »

As of late september of 2012 the mercnet server is running without any issues
Trigger
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Trigger »

I feel as if I'm the only retard here who can not get Mercnet to run. It still won't detect a CD, either mounted virtually on drive E or with the disc in D. I don't know how to use Dosbox very well so that's probably half the problem.

I bought Titanium which I can get to work on single player but I obviously have to use the old version of mercs with dos to play mercnet. I installed it from my virtual E drive but still cant find the image, and when installing from the disc in D still doesn't detect.

1. Using windows 7 home premium 64bit
2. Assuming Mercs v1 because I never patched it/also titanium

So I guess the question is how do I play Mercnet with my brother, or with you guys if you still play. If there's any more information I need to put let me know as I said the whole idea of messing around with DOSBox is giving me a headache and I really don't know how to make Mercnet detect the disc.

Thanks