got a few questions

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

got a few questions

Post by mcjagermech »

so i just got mechwarrior 2 mercs (ms dos and win 95 (3d enhanced edition) ) and i didnt see this version on the mercs list so im not sure if what exactly i should use to try and get it to run.i also have dos box on here , but unfortunately i am only familiar with 4-5 click installs and im not really sure where to start. anyone have some ideas?

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: got a few questions

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Um, if its the version i think it is you might have some problems.
Sure its not one of the discs listed?

Well anyway the first thing I would do is suggest you grab mechvm and use that to install your game.
If you cannot get it after that write back and explain what other options you have tried and i will attempt to help. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

hmmm well i installed mech vm and i got the game to run : ) so thats good. im just having a few issues with controls set up, but other than that its working..... thanks for your help man
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

i went and check the list again, and im guessing the version i have is most like the mercs retail version, except with the 3d thing on the disc, i guess it'd fall under the same category lol
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

its working? cool great to hear! :)
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

it is good news , umm do you have any ideas why there are no default controls? for some reason when i looked at the list, it was a blank , so i had to set some controls up, although when i opened they key board section it only had a few commands i could put up.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Here are my controls. Just extract them and it should work with the usual defaults.
Just make sure you back up just in case.
Attachments
ControlsMercenaries.rar
Extract to Mercs folder. Backup first!
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

that seemed to help , thanks : )
although it appears mercs doesnt like it when i try and do that fedcom mission on proserina , as it crashes lol
sorry about all the issues, im just quite new at this.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Are you using a commando? If So you might try selling it for another mech. I'm not sure if that will solve it but most crashes are because of this.
Save your game before doing it.
mcjagermech
I.S. Baby

Post by mcjagermech »

yeah i heard about the commando causing issues, i did sell it, i have sentinel lol, i just must have the nightmare edition. sorry about all the bother