MW2 Mercs Win 7 64 bit install

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
skylindrftr
I.S. Baby

MW2 Mercs Win 7 64 bit install

Post by skylindrftr »

Hi guys, really enjoying all the work you put into getting mw2 running on newer systems! I managed to get mw2 mercs installed with mechvm off my dos/95 cd. The only problem is that I cannot find a way to use the windows installer. It always defaults to installing the dos version. The dos version works great, but it feels pretty pointless without dynamic salvage. Even though it did not install the windows 95 version, there is an option to play it which I tried. When it loads up a mission there is no sound and all I can see is white outside the mech :/

If anyone can offer any help to get mercs 2 running with dynamic salvage/1.1 patch I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MW2 Mercs Win 7 64 bit install

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

The only problem is that I cannot find a way to use the windows installer.
I'm afraid it does that because the 95 version will not function properly in Windows 7 64bit. Sorry :(
Even though it did not install the windows 95 version, there is an option to play it which I tried. When it loads up a mission there is no sound and all I can see is white outside the mech :/
For the 95 vanilla version you are fortunate to even get in. Most people get a fatal error of some kind that prevents launch.

If you wish to play the 95 version your only options are either to install a virtual machine and run windows 98 or to dual boot into XP or similar OS.
Sorry! :(
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
skylindrftr
I.S. Baby

Re: MW2 Mercs Win 7 64 bit install

Post by skylindrftr »

No worries, I managed to pick up a titanium edition, it installed perfectly!