Hi guys, Requesting Help with Mercs

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

Hi guys, Requesting Help with Mercs

Post by winmxsn7@aol.com »

Hi, I'm sure this forum is flooded with posts about people asking for a simple solution to installing MW2:mercs and its counterparts, and I do know my way around Hex editors and so forth, but I am struggling with this one and I'd love to play Mercs again just one more time. Please some one lead me in the right direction; I dont want 84213457 links or people suggesting I do this or that if I experiencing this problem or whatever the case may be. I just want a link with a patch and simple instructions; Much appreciated.

Running Windows Vista; and MW2 Titanium edition; hoping to run at my native 1680x1050; Nvidia GTX 285 SSC

ALL I WANT IS MERCS TO WORK, I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. The game installs fine, and I've tried working with some of these "hooks" and patchs, but everytime I load the game, I get a black screen for about 5 seconds and it takes me back to the desktop.

Thanks again, any help is appreciated.
winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

Re: Hi guys, Requesting Help with Mercs

Okay ****** I got Mercs running with VMmech ****** I have been relentlessly searching google for hours beforeI came across this site and searched it, haha. Disregard my first post; Thanks and sorry.
winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

Any way to increase screen resolution?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

Thanks for the webpage, topics, and help. This is such an amazing site.

One more issue if anyone has the time, I recently acquired the MW2: Mercs 3dfx version. The MechVM prgram wont load this version of Mercs; Any ideas?

Thanks again. SO MUCH!
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

3dfx Editions were designed to work with the 3dfx hardware; such as in the Voodoo2 and Banchee video accelarator cards, and later Voodoo video cards. But you can try using a GLIDE Wrapper that emulates this hardware.
I have seen Skyfaller sugest using zeckensack's Glide wrapper, found at http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/, and Sir MMPD Radick suggest using the dgVoodoo Glide Wrapper, found at http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/.
Now unfortunatly I donot have any experiance with GLIDE Wrappers, and I donot know which wrapper has the best results for MW2 3dfx editions. So your best bet is following the instructions at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=947&p=6145&hilit=gl ... pper#p6145
winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

Awesomely Awesome! Thanks a whole heep!. Have any suggestions as to which MW2 Mercs version is the best to run? GFX wise and ecountering the least amount of issues?

How about the music too? the CD image a have mounted does have the fullsound track and its the correct version I have installed through MechVM
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Try installing with MechVM-2010-02-20, Mercs 3DFX support is broken in the current version.
http://mechvm.org/downloads/MechVM-win3 ... 02-20c.zip
I have created a fix for the next version.

Mercs 3DFX is not what it seems, it does not require 3DFX emulation.
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Post by LordNova2 »

Well as far as graphics go for Mercs I would say the best two are 3dfx Edition, and Titanium Edition. Every graphically enhanced version of the MechWarrior2 games took on their own personality with graphical enhancements, gameplay, and functionality. MechVM should be ready to install and play the Titanium editions, but I would just stick with what you got up and running now.
It has been awhile since I have played either Titanium or 3dfx, but I do not remember there being that much of a big graphical change between the two, at least not a significant change that would make me prefer one over the other.
winmxsn7@aol.com
I.S. Baby

great guys thanks... i really can't show my appreciation the way i would like, i've been searching google for a fix for MERCS for about.. well, ever since i got rid of my WIN95 PC about.. 8 years ago? This is such a break through and you guys are leading the charge! KUDOS GUYS!