only getting rich ending on mech 2 mercs(no battle of tukkayid)

Issues with mercs? Post it up here!
Forum rules
Please provide the following when making a support request.
1. OS & Service Pack.
2. Version of Mercenaries that is being used.
3. If you are using 95 Mercs, please provide what method you are using to run it? (ie. Kontza's or Slugs Hook)
4a. If you are using DOS have you read the install guide?
4b. If you are using 95 have you watched the 95 install video?
5. What were the steps that you did after the initial installation? (if applicable)
mattmets
I.S. Baby

only getting rich ending on mech 2 mercs(no battle of tukkayid)

Post by mattmets »

I am using a windows 10 machine and I am playing mech 2 mercs through dos(upgraded to version 1.06 ofc). I installed the patch 1.05 and 1.06 one time running projpat.exe and it only gave me the rich ending. The next time I played the game the whole way through I did not run projpat when I installed the 1.06 patch since it didnt specifically tell me to run projpat on that patch. On the last mission of the new ivarsen mission I get this unrecoverable dos error if I take the draconis spy tank to get off planet rather than go to the dropship(Last time I played the game the whole way through I retried the mission after I got the error and went for the dropship to get off planet but even though I retried the mission ) and the other unrecoverable error I got was the mission you are escaping from the clan wolf prison on sigurd(this one is rare though when I screw up the mission and retry it happens but rarely). I tried burning the disc again through a bluray player as well but no dice.... I got the rich ending only in every case! So has anyone had the same problem and can explain on why this is happening.... When I did the likethecomstarbaby cheat to skip through the missions including the ones mentioned I did get the tukkayid ending so any ideas will be great! Thanks!
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class
House Steiner Private First Class

Re: only getting rich ending on mech 2 mercs(no battle of tukkayid)

Post by Striker »

Old thread I know, but I figured out why you only get the rich ending only, for this has occurred to me frequently through the years.

In order to get the Battle of Tukkayid ending playing, you must NOT attempt to save the game after you complete the last mission. Attempting to save will break the sequence of videos playing. As long as you do not save, the Tukkayid ending should play the moment you press starport.